We had been MARRIED FOR ONE DAY. We celebrated our five year anniversary yesterday. July 16th. Yes, you heard right, FIVE YEARS. We're that old (or we were that young when we got married)=) An old, boring married couple from yesterday years. And we wouldn't change it for the world.=) We went out to celebrate last night. Babysitters are a fabulous creation. It was a joyous thing to be out past 8pm. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed a long walk in central park.
Speaking of Central Park, it's also Manhattan's BEACH. Bikini's, coolers, bring it all!!
Although Times Square is not one of my favorite places in NYC, I walked through it with Beckham- curious to see what his reaction would be to all the people and lights. He was amused.
We also went to GRAND CENTRAL STATION. Bex thought he was in heaven as he stared up at the BIGGEST AMERICAN FLAG he'd ever seen. He went NUTS!!!




Hanging out on the great lawn in Central Park. Okay... we got a little board and went nuts with the camera. For some reason, this picture of Jordan (imitating the picture I had just taken of Beckham) made me pee my pants. I had people staring I was laughing so hard... one of those moments.

This is Beckham's favorite way to roll. With ONE OF HIS LEGS up on the stroller. He really knows how to kick back and enjoy the ride.

Lots of teeth, I've lost count. We love to SWING in the park.
Things I promise to never take for granted again…
69 cent baby food jars instead of 99 cents.
COUNTERTOP SPACE!! (actually, a counter top in general.)
A dish washer, HANDS DOWN!!
Living space.
My own bedroom (we love bex but could do without sharing a room with him.)
A WASHER AND DRYER IN YOUR APARTMENT/HOUSE!!
A vehicle. I don’t care anymore that I've never had a drive way. A car is something wonderful.
Central Aidr. My oh my.
These are such SIMPLE luxuries that I’ve been taking for granted my entire life.
I love NYC. But our living arrangements this summer have humbled me. Thank you for that.
8 comments:
Hey. Happy anniversary! Love the pictures...people must think ya'll r crazy snapping away. Who did u get to babysit? Was it hard to leave him?
I'm glad you guys had fun in NYC! happy anniversary ;) and I hear ya on all of that stuff we take for granted right? when we moved from NYC to our apt here in DC they were laughing at us b/c we screamed when we saw the dishwasher! we were so excited
love the pics!
so I apologize! I just read the rest of your posts... how fun that you are in nYC for the whole summer! I wish we could have still been there to say hi. then I could help you with your fun day trips with the stroller on the subway :) but if you ever want me to put you in touch with some of our friends out there- they would love to meet you guys. What ward are you going to?
your pictures are fantastic! Looks like your having a ball! I can't wait get to the big city!! Sad that we won't be there at the same time!! :(
Maybe next year??
Happy Anniversary!! I called you that day, and I feel bad I didn't even mention your big day- sorry. Glad you guys had a good night. Your nyc adventures look so fun! I had a good laugh at the picture of Jo too:) Also, at your list of things never to take for granted! Every one of those items are things we will also be living without in Dominica.... for 16 months! No central air, no dishwasher, no car, no counterspace- we won't even have an electric oven or hot water!!
Congrats on the big FIVE years!! :) That's great!
Happy Aniversary! Where does the time go right? Bex keeps getting cuter and cuter. Miss you! xoxo
Graclyn took her first step today. It never gets old! :)
All I can say is that I love you. This whole post made me smile. I feel blessed to have you as family. Beckham is the cutest. Happy Anniversary! I am so excited to see you next month.
Post a Comment