Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thankful.

Jo and I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We talked about the top five things that we're mostly grateful for this year and here's what we came up with. Here's our simple, yet very grateful list.

#1 A little boy. Healthy and perfect.

#2 Each other.

#3 Great friends. To share Holidays and Sunday dinners with when family is far away.

#4 Opportunity. Going to school and experiencing and enjoying a new city.

#5 Family. Who support and love us endlessly.

Our Thanksgiving weekend was SO FUN. Some our very best friends, Patrick and Patricia Barnes and their munchkin Alex, came all the way down from Boston to eat turkey with us. They stayed through the weekend. We had a blast. We shopped all day Wednesday and cooked all day on Thursday. The Barnes practically made our whole dinner... and what a Thanksgiving it was. We love you guys! Thanks for making the trip in your broken car!! ;)

Jo's job here was to "fluff" the dressing =) i.e. The fluffer.
Our Table. Somehow all Seven adults fit around it. A miracle.
The whole gang. Gary and Claire Johnson ate with us too. They lived in Boston with us and we all moved to philly at the same time to attend grad school. It was a great group.
Patrick's Birthday request was a Philly Steak and Cheese. Happy Birthday Patrick!
Our attempts at a family photo. Fabulous.

11 comments:

Weed Family said...

I think Beckham is crying because he misses his Aunt/Cousin Maere. Miss you!

Patti said...

I think Beckham's crying because he misses his Grammie so much it hurts!!!!! Darling pics Sass....
Maybe sometime you can be home with us at 4077 LOVE YOU THREE

Steve and Cami said...

I think Beckham is crying because he can't figure out why his Aunt Cami hasn't loved him yet, in person. He is furious because Christmas can't come quite fast enough. Don't worry Bex, you'll see Auntie Cami soon enough. Also, the picture of two turkeys is my favorite.

Chelsea said...

Happy Thanksgiving you cute little family! Looks like you had a really fun time and fabulous meal... I agree with Patti, except I'm sure he's missing Aunt Chelsea more:)!

Tracy said...

Cute Cute Cute! Thanks for sending back the email! Can't wait to see all 3 of you :)
p.s. I'm glad to see your mom is commenting, I'm still working on teaching my INTELLIGENT husband (that can run multi million dollar companies) how easy it is to comment! Good Job Patti ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome fluffing, Jo! I think it's the best I've ever seen. How does one get that good? hahah
I love the family picts too. Those are pricless. Can't wait for the full family picture in a couple of weeks. WOW it's coming so fast!! Ya'll will be here in no time. :)

Dave and Miranda said...

I think he's crying because Jordan so rudely ate a delish philly cheese steak right over his head without even offering him a little! I'd cry too!!

Patricia said...

Cassi, I loved the pictures. Honestly, it was a thanksgiving I will never forget. We miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to meet you in Utah. Also, how do you get so many people to leave comments... its awesome. Maybe it is because of the controversial subject matter. (see fluffer photo)

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

You are the CUTEST Mom! What a cute family you have

dave&abby johnson family said...

How fun! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Beckham is so dang cute!!

Patricia said...

I was just showing the pictures of thanksgiving to Patrick, when I realized that Beckham is in the philly cheese steak sandwhich pictures... and he didn't get any credit for being there.