Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introducing... Jordan Beckham Allred

Beckham, our sweet little boy, was born on Thursday October 9th at 6:12pm. He tipped the scales at 7 lbs 12oz and came to us healthy and beautiful. The last three days have been some of the most memorable, wonderful days of both of our lives. It's truly SO amazing to bring a little spirit into the world. We are REALLY liking our little man... we feel such a sweet spirit from him. We've decided that we're definitely going to keep him and don't plan on sending him back any time soon!

We've been home from the hospital now for 24 hours. We're not sure if we care or know the difference between night and day... it's like life has stopped and all we care about is one thing, and one thing only. The last few days have been twisted together in one big bowl of EMOTIONS and changes. All in all, we had a wonderful hospital and labor experience, and feel really lucky and certainly grateful for that. I won't go into much detail about the whole labor story... I know some of you want to hear it all, so for those of you who do, please call me for the gorry details... =) Here's a quick outline of our eventful three days.

Wed Night: We headed to the hospital so mommy could get some medicine to "get the party started." To make a long story short... it was a LONG night that consisted of absolutely NO sleeping and Jordan telling me to "toughen up"... that of course didn't go over very well.

Thursday Morn: We're finally moved to a labor and delivery room and are given the Patosin- I'm dilated to a four. I get my epidural and feel fabulous. Whoever inventented the epi is amazing and I would like to kiss his/her feet.

Thursday Afternoon: Phone calls, movies, crushed ice and a parade in my room- obvously modesty goes out the window when you're in labor.

Thursday around 5:00PM: We're wondering when baby will make his appearance, I'm only dilated to a seven and we're getting anxious. I'm about to start knawing on someone's arm I'm so hungry... ice chips aren't cutting it.

Thursday at 6:00PM: Regular check turns out to be a "Oh my!! You're dilated to a TEN and WE'RE READY TO PUSH!" It was a HUGE surprise! Twelve minutes later he popped out.... and our story went something like that.

It was truly such an amazing experience and we can't believe how much we love this little guy. So far, we're getting along just fine. It feels like somewhat of a circus around here. Like I said, there's not much distinction between night and day. Our whole world is focused on when the next feeding time should be and learning all those little things that you never knew you needed to know. Mommy can't walk or sit down very well, and she's trying really hard to learn how to feed and take care of the little man. Daddy Jo is taking really good care of us both and has even nicknamed me "Bessy", for obvous reasons... Lets just say that I think the plumbing is working just fine. It's an adventure, and we're going to get through these next few weeks... hopefully?! =) I'm going to need lots of advice and patience, but with all we're going through, we still wouldn't give him back, he was SO worth it!

Welcome to the world sweet Beckham! We LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Headed to the Hospi. The nurses laughed at our rolling suitcase... I didn't use half of what I took, surprise surprise =)Our very first Picture, fresh into the world by one minuteThis is basically what Daddy Jo does all day. Sits and stares at our little JBex and tells me over and over how cute he is.

28 comments:

Heidi said...

I have kept checking for pictures and was so excited to see this! He is beautiful (of course) and that picture of you holding him and teary eyed- wow I got all emotional too! That is such an amazing moment- meeting them and holding them- so much love and awe. Congrats and I am glad things went well for you and that he is healthy! Welcome to parenthood (oh and just remember that someday you will sleep through the night again, and it will likely be sooner rather than later) ;-)

Chelsea said...

Oh, I've been checking for pictures too! I'm so glad to see more of him. And, you're right- he is DARLING!! Really, such a cute newborn and I can see both of you in him. It's so neat to see that first picture of you holding him. You look so proud and happy!! I wish I could have been there, but I'm glad I was there over the phone soon after he came. It was the cutest conversation I've ever had with you! I'll call you in a bit... I want to check up and get details of your first few days with him!! xoxoxo

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

He's adorable. Awesome job you guys. He's got the Allred nose and your cheeks...definetly no mailman involved in this one! LOL. We can't wait to meet him at Christmas.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for both of you! He's such a beautiful baby boy and your 12 minutes of pushing sounds fabulous! I'm so glad it was a GOOD experience. I'm excited for all the updates.

*Where did you get his kimono gown in the first pictures? I LOVE it!

The Clark Family said...

congratulations! He is so cute, it made me cry to think about a newborn! I think pregnancy makes me a bit more emotional; however, those pictures were priceless! Congrats again!

Heidi said...

He is so sweet! Congratulations you guys!!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

How precious!! Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy. Cass, I love the first photo of you holding him with tears in your eyes. I am sure some were tears of pain, but I bet the majority were tears of joy, what a cute mom you are!! Congrats!! -Tarina

Steve said...

We love you JBex. We can't wait to squeeze you. Bonzi. We love you Cass and Jo, too. You guys are already wonderful parents. What a lucky little guy.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh wow Cassi he is so beautiful! Congrats, sounds like everything went well for you, I am so happy to hear that. And oh my he is adorable, and you look so wonderful! What a neat experience it is! I want MORE!
Seriously CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda K said...

I can't wait to come see him!! He's too dang cute and I love the name... it's perfect. :) I'll be by soon!

The Jones' said...

Congratulations you guys. i am so excited for you both and think he is soo cute. I just want to pinch those cute itty bitty legs, they are so flippen cute. Well I am excited for you, the next couple of weeks will be tough, but you will get the hang of it I promise, we all do. Take care.amy

kristine said...

I too have been checking daily hoping for some pictures of the little tyke. Cass, if I look half as good as you when I'm pregnant/post giving birth I will be a happy woman. He really does look like both of you... he's adorable! Congratulations! I'm so excited for your new family!!

Liz said...

yay, yay, yay! congratulations you guys. we are seriously so excited for you and know you will be great parents. hopefully some day our little boys will be able to meet. any trips planned to boston anytime soon? (haha, yeah right, huh?!) he is beautiful and i love the name. good job agreeing on something. hopefully we can chat soon. good luck adjusting to motherhood. just remember, every day really does get better and better.

Tyson and Marie said...

Congrats Cassi! What a BEAUTIFUL baby! I am so glad everything went well and that you are feeling good. It is so fun to read your blog and see all of the adventures that you are up to. Congrats again!

Ann Rowan said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations, Cassie and Jordan!

Dave and Miranda said...

Yay! You made it! He is adorable and you two look as starry-eyed as new parents should. I'm glad I happened in on a little of the parade. I can't wait to meet him and see you both soon!

Lindsey said...

He's GORGEOUS! Congrats, Cass. I'm so happy for you guys. You look beautiful. Where is is kimono top from? It's adorable.

Sara said...

Congrats!! He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am glad everything went well. What a lucky little boy to have such wonderful parents!

Weed Family said...

I don't think there is any possible way I could be any happier for you. You are amazing.
Beckham is absolutely darling! I am so glad you are doing well and enjoying mommiehood. That's what it's all about :) love you

The Brande Bunch said...

yeah! i'm so glad you posted more pictures! I am happy everything went so well for you. He is adorable, I can't wait to talk to you to hear how you three are doing! Love ya...

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

congrats! What a cute family you have!

Anonymous said...

Well done girl! He's gorgeous and you made it to the finish line. Yay! Enjoy him so much and take time to rest and recover.

Big hugs!

AJenkins said...

Congradulations! There is nothing that brings a couple closer together than that moment. The picture of you with tears streaming down your face captures the moment brilliantly, even though it is completely weird to say that. I think every mother can look into your face and feel that moment with you. He is so beautiful.

Tyler and Emily said...

Congrats Cassi!! I'm so happy I found your blog from Dave and Miranda's. Beckham is beautiful! We just had a baby boy a month ago, it is the best!

t.t.turner said...

Good job, Cassi! Your first picture with Beckham is so cute. Congratulations, he is so beautiful - and you are TOO! Have fun with the new little guy!

Mary said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful! I am so excited for you all!

The Eberhardts said...

whoo hoo! ports was so excited to tell us!

Heidi said...

CASSI
COngrats! He is beautiful! I love the name Beckham too. It s so fun to see you with a baby. GOOD LUCK!