Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm loosing my mind...

Something is wrong with me. I can do nothing but research online about baby products, healthy sleeping habits, dangerous plastic bottles and nipples, the best diapers for newborns and the list goes on and on ... it's getting a little out of control. I can think of nothing else! I think it's my way of being really anxious, nervous, and probably mostly excited to get this baby here! I have so much nervous energy that I can't concentrate on anything. Anyways, I thought some of you could probably relate. Or at least laugh with me. =)

So I'm getting really large. The top of my stomach now starts to curve at my chin... so it feels that way. I've resorted to wearing Jo's t-shirts, nothing is comfortable anymore. I had a doctors apt this morning and I'm already dilated to a one!!!! What?! It was a little weird that the doc said she could feel our babies head in the birth canal... What? His head?! I'm only 36 weeks, but I guess it's normal to be dilated to a one or a two and stay there for a few weeks (we're really hoping this is true) because we're not quite ready for this little man. The nursery isn't painted yet! =) Just kidding. But not really.

Speaking of nurseries... we had major nursery drama last Saturday. The color I chose to paint one of the walls was all wrong and sent me into tears. Poor Jordy. Why does the paint always look so different than the swatch you pick?

p.s. this was taken last tuesday, I'm even larger now p.s.s. this was taken the week before that... my expression on the right could only be captured by my husband... It's definitely how I feel these days and he's the one who hears it! This is how I have to sleep each night- with five pillows surrounding my body. I had to document the madness.
Ta Ta.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassi, hang in there! You really do look great and yes- you can definitely walk around for weeks and weeks dilated. (My sister was at a 3 for 3 weeks for her first.) I'm only saying that because it sounds like that will be good news for you. It will help things go all the more quickly. You can get/feel ready just in time.

What color are you doing your nursery? And do you love all the internet research or do you just not know what else to do with the anxiety? (I love it- the reading, searching, bookmarking.) :)

I'm so excited for you to already be at 36 weeks. Can't wait for the news in the next several! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has ever had a baby can relate to every word in your post. Hang in. Lucky you to be dilating!! It would be great to have your baby by 40 weeks, as planned...not 42 weeks...we're crossing our fingers for you and for Jordan!!! Hope all is well in Philly! -Katherine (Winegar)

Lindsey said...

You look amazing! So excited for you. And I love your expression in the second set of photos. classic.

Caroline said...

Hey Cas, I got your comment on my blog. Picking a name was the hardest part. We had girl names agreed and decided on and then we found out we were having a boy. We went to the hospital with 3 names and didn't decide until we saw him. It was fairly obvious then.

You look adorable and you are in the home stretch. Hang in there!

Heidi said...

Man It can for sure be overwhelming with all the baby products, etc! As for diapers I tried them all and didn't really feel like there was any big difference. So I would recommend getting Huggies or Kirtland brand because those are the kinds that Costco sells and that is most definitely the best deal on diapers. As for sleeping habits, I already told you this but Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child!! BEfore Max was born I read some of it but forgot most of it once Max was born. But then as time went by I referred to it so many times to see what I should expect and what to do at each point in Max's development. Good luck this is an exciting time!

dave&abby johnson family said...

You look so cute! That's awesome your progressing! Good luck!

Amanda K said...

Haha. Don't worry-- I'm STILL always on the internet researching things. You just kinda figure it out as you go-- somethings you'll be crazy about and other things won't even make you blink. There's no rhyme or reason.

The best morning is when you wake up and realize your maternity clothes don't even fit. Fabulous.

Anyway, let's do lunch sometime soon!

Liz said...

i love this post and you're gonna love having it all written down somewhere! the picture of your face that jordan took is priceless. i remember feeling like that many times! call us when you get here. can't wait to see you guys. do you need a place to stay this time? oh, and i want to talk names.

The Green's said...

Hang in there Cass!!! I love your face....very typical for where you are at! Good thing you have documented it so you won't forget! Josh gives me crazy looks when I say I loved being pregnant(how quickly I have forgotten I guesss!) This time is so exciting and to give you some good news I too was dilated to a 1 at 36 weeks and didn't dilate till 40 weeks. It all works out! We are so excited for you and can't wait to see cute pics of this babe!

BP said...

Hey Cass,

If you're looking at baby stuff all the time, I will recommend a good blog that a friend of ours runs... we go to church with him. He's got an eye for design that I think you'll appreciate.

http://www.daddytypes.com

Hope to see you guys soon!
BP

The Jones' said...

Are those even pregnancy jeans, so not fair. Some girls get all the luck. You look fab even pregnant, what is your secret? I need help! Good luck with everything we sure miss you guys.
amy

Cassi said...

Definitely pregnancy jeans Amy... are you crazy? I hear you're running St. George!! SO exciting! We miss you too...

The Jones' said...

Thanks for writing back, I am struggling with the whole marathon thing. As of a little over a month ago when I was in SLC I hurt my stupid foot (stress fracture) which has put me back a ton cause I could not run. Now I have orthodics (yes I am officially handicapped) and they seem to help my foot, but now my knee is hurting. OUr 22 was awful, and I am really frustrated with the whole what to eat thing during before after....any suggestions. I get really sick and I am not sure why, think has to do something with hydrating myself....thanks for listening/

Barton Family said...

Oh Cass your misery is almost over, and you are going to miss it more than you can imagine. The last few months of pregnancy is so rough. It is good that reward is so worth it. Jo can handle the complaints!! He's the one that got you in this mess right?! I did not dilate even to a one until the day I had both of our kids. Then is was to a 10 within hours!! Ya never know. Have your bags packed!!

Heidi said...

Almost there! You look so great, and I love the expression captured by Jordan. I know how you feel! I'm going to second Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. That book pretty much saved my life with Claire and she's SUCH a great sleeper now! Hang in there and we can't wait to see pictures of this guy!

Posh Ideas said...

I never understood what people were talking about regarding the nesting madness until it happened to me. No matter how prepared you try to be there is always something else to be done a drawer to be organized you could make yourself crazy thinking up birth scenarios etc. Even if you get the nursery the right color by the time he turns one he'll never know! Hang in there. I can't wait to see this well documented childs portraits!

JanaB said...

You look great! Bye the way. . . as a soon to be public health official and with all the hype about the plastic bottle issue- I promise you they are safe- and so are vaccinations :) (I am sure you knew that one :)

The Eberhardts said...

been there. done that. luckily my kids have all be hatched by 37 weeks. oh, it is so great to have them out!

Dave and Miranda said...

So exciting!! Of course I can say that without a hint of idea what you're really going through! I love you, though, and know that you've got all the tools you need for this big adventure. I'm anxious to hear what happens in these next couple weeks.

Sara said...

Ha, yo uare so funny! And yo uare definitely in the nesting phase! Don't worry it's totally normal and we all go through it! Your clothes are so cute, aare they even maternity? You little boy will be hre before you know it- how exciting!!!!