Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm a horrible blogger.

The Liberty Bell welcomes you back to Philly with the Allreds. You all know it's true. I'm a horrible blogger. I'm thinking about leaving the blogging world and the guilt of not posting behind me... I can't handle it.

For now I guess I'll carry on, as best as I can. I'll start by stating the obvious, then maybe you'll forgive me for the above statement... WE'VE BEEN SO BUSY!!!!

The last two weekends we've been up in Boston photographing weddings. I have such an awesome husband... on top of starting school and loads and loads of homework already, he's driven me to Boston every weekend and even comes to the weddings with me to carry all my stuff. He says he comes for "moral support" but I think he's afraid I'll go into labor any minute. And Sometimes I think I may as well with all the weird shooting positions I get myself into! It was really good to be "home" in Boston for a few days at a time. We found ourselves running errands in our old neighborhood because we're comfortable in Boston and still don't know where anything is here in Philly. We took a load to the good will, went to the post office, the bank, ordered our baby crib, bought a stroller, delivered some print orders, ate at some favorite restaurants, and visited our old stomping grounds in Southie.

There's nothing like the Boston Common... we took several walks through it and Jordan had to pry me away.

Look who we found!!! The Andersons! In the middle of the Boston Common!! It was perfect timing... I needed a hug from a good, old friend.

One more wedding to go this season. I think I'm ready. Very ready. =)It's amazing how your belly becomes public property when you're pregnant. I can't tell you how many women at these weddings will come up to me and rub, hold and talk to my belly. It's very interesting. I get all kinds of reactions... people want to know if I need to sit down or if I need something to drink or eat. Others I'm sure think I'm crazy and look ridiculous... which I know I look ridiculous but I'm not feeble just because I'm pregnant for cryin' out loud! =) See for yourselves... (photographs compliments of Jo Jo. Photographer extraordinaire)

We're finally feeling like we've "kind of" settled into our new apartment. Other than the nursery still being the storage room, we're feeling at home. We're planning to paint the nursery this weekend, so I'm sure it will all come together soon.

We've met some awesome people here in Philly. We have some great couples in our ward and I've met some really fun girls.
These are some girls from the ward. We got together one night last week for dessert. Four other girls are having little boys this fall! It's going to be really fun. My view of Jordy for the next two years... it's going to be a long road! =) But we'll enjoy it.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

You can't give up blogging! Especially once baby Allred comes along, he already has so many fans and posting pics of him will be much easier than emailing.

Dave and Miranda said...

It was so good to see you! I could use another hug about now. Maybe I'll come help you with the nursery soon!

Liz said...

look at you! you are completely, 100% belly! you look adorable. please call us when you're back up here for the next wedding. i really want to see you!!

The Green's said...

I hear ya Cass!!! I have had the same thoughts on blogging as well! You look so cute! Your belly is just to die for! I'm glad things are going well! We miss you guys! Keep us posted though on that baby!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

I LOVE all of your pictures with your cute prego tummy! Good luck to you over the next few weeks!

t.t.turner said...

You are Superwoman!