Saturday, August 16, 2008

We're alive and kicking... yes, all three of us!

Hello from Philly PA!!! (we're obviously not in Philly in the above picture, we're in Powell, which is where I'd always rather be!) I'm sorry for neglecting to update the blog for over a month now... it's a little embarrassing, but life has been so very busy and I have to admit that the blog has been on the bottom of my LONG "to do" list!! =) So we're sorry to anyone who's noticed the neglect!

We've had so much happen in that past 6-8 weeks that I'm not sure where to start! I'll just run through the past few weeks quickly, so we don't bore our readers to death! The move from Boston to Philly went really well (thanks to our brother Parker for all his help.) We were literally in our new apartment just long enough to unload the moving truck before we flew to Salt Lake for 3 1/2 weeks. We left the apartment full of boxes and in complete chaos, but it was well worth it.

Salt Lake was wonderful- it's always fun to spend time with family and friends. We spent a full week in Lake Powell and some time in Park City. We had three baby showers and tried to just relax and enjoy the pool before it was BACK TO SCHOOL, a new city and a new life on August 1st!!

Starting from where we left off... here we go, we're off to move to Philadelphia in the big yellow moving truck. We'll attend Business school there for the next two years...
I was sad to leave Boston but not to leave our stinky apartment. =)
LAKE POWELL WITH THE ALLREDS

Part of the Powell Gang on a BEAUTIFUL hike...

Fourth of July at the Oakley Rodeo...

Congratulations to Porter and Sara Allred!! Just one week after we RETURNED to Philadelphia we FLEW BACK to Salt Lake for two and a half short days to celebrate and attend our brother Porter's wedding. We would have just stayed in Salt Lake through August 9th (their wedding date) but Jo had to start school and couldn't miss!! It was a wonderful day for Porter and Sara and we were thrilled to be there. Welcome to the fam Sara and Congrats to you both!A beautiful reception was held in the Allred's front yard. It was awesome.
Jo and our three cute nephews at the temple.

THIRTY ONE WEEKS PREGNANT!!! and getting closer and closer to October!! Can you believe how much I've grown??!!

Yes, I send my husband off to school with a brown sack lunch... on the first day of school I had to write his name on the bag with a black magic marker, it was too appropriate to pass up. As of this week we're just trying to figure out life in a new city and new apartment. We're still trying to get organized and familiar with all our new surroundings. We've found the Costco and been to our new ward... two important things to check off the list! Life feels completely nuts to us both right now, we haven’t moved out of the fast lane all summer long. I have four more weddings in Boston before Baby Boy arrives... lets hope that he stays cookin' in there until I'm done with all my work!! We still have a lot to do before this baby arrives... the nursery is currently the storage room. Anyone who's willing to fly to Philly and help with all the chaos will be treated to as many Philly Cheese steaks as they can eat!! Anyone?

While in Salt Lake in July, I had the opportunity to take BOTH my brother-in-laws engagement photos, my Sisters two adorable Kids, our cousins new baby girl, a good friends new baby... and I'm probably missing a few others. I spent a lot of time behind the lens, but I love using my camera on people that I love. I will post some of my favorites in our next post so look out for some new sassa art. That's it for today, Happy Sunday Everyone.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

It is creeping up Cass! So exciting. Looks like you had fun in Utah

Leeshie Lou said...

Cassie it's so good to see you and your cute prego belly!!! You look so GREAT as always and so so so HAPPY!!! I sure hope that all is well for you and I can't wait to see your pics of your baby!!!

Heidi said...

You look so cute! I hope you are feeling ok for the final stretch! I wish we could come help you unpack and visit Philidelphia!

The Green's said...

You look good Cass and it was good to see you! We miss you guys so much and love when you come to visit! We can't wait to see this cute little baby boy! Make sure to keep this blog updated!!!!

Chelsea said...

FINALLY- a new post! Hooray! I was starting to think you deserted me in this blogging world! I'm so sad you guys are gone, I LOVED having you here. Next time I see you it'll be even better because you'll be a mom! I'm dying to see your new place though, so post some pictures of that. Maybe we could do a virtual design session and I can help you decorate the nursery online!

Amy said...

Cassi,
Hooray for Philly! We loved our time there so much and I hope you will, too. There is a ton to see and do, and you are right in the middle of everything! And between the cheese steaks and the Italian water ice, the food is great. Have you tried Rita's yet? My mouth is watering just thinking about it... Good luck!
Amy (Warner) Stephenson

Sara said...

I think you just might be thee cutest pregnant person I have ever seen!! You should not look that darling when you ae pregnant! hee hee i am so excited for you guys and hope al lgoes well in the next couple weeks for you!

Dave and Miranda said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back in the blogging world! I suppose I could call, but life's been busy over here too...and I'm not sure you could've answered. I'll try sometime soon. Love you three!