Despite the Nor'easter and horrible weather, I was one of the twenty thousand plus runners who showed up for the 111th Boston Marathon yesterday morning. It's always one of my favorite marathons... even in the wind and rain! It wasn't as bad as they had predicted- in fact, it was nice compared to the weather we've been training in all winter! It helped that we were prepared for the worst. I always have the "marathon blues" when it's all said and done. Jordan wants to train and run a fall marathon!! We'll see if this is still true next week when all this "marathon hype" wears off! Congrats to all the runners! Especially to the incredible Benjamin Peisch who ran ONE HECK OF A RACE! Also to two of my best friends from L street running club who both ran a PR (personal record) congrats girls!

wow. don't I look like a beauty! ha ha. This is my good friend Nancy Porter.

Jordan took this picture of the Elite Kenyans running by. The guy in the yellow shirt won the marathon... amazing men.
4 comments:
Way to go Cass! I love your passion for running.
Can't believe the Kenyans are just in their little shorts and tanks! brrrr!
What are those plastic white things you are wearing?
Cassi, you are so amazing. Congratulations...again. It sounds cold though.
Cass- wonderful job! i thought of you all day yesterday!
i was wondering if you were running again this year! good job. you are amazing! i'll give you a call so we can hang out
Post a Comment