Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fall fun with the Horsleys!!!





We had some of our dearest friends from Salt Lake (Chelsea and Wyatt Horsley) come to Boston for five days to stay with us. It was so fun to have them here! The famous story among the four of us is that we all met the same week (summer 2002)... double dated all summer and ended up getting married only two months apart. Best friends married best friends- it's one of our favorite stories to tell. For me, the greatest part of friends or family coming in town is that I get to pretend that "I'm" on vacation as well. This includes eating at Legal Sea Food and enjoying the Freedom Trail and other touristy Boston sites, I love it!! Saturday the four of us went Apple Picking at Honey Pot Hill just west of Boston. I'd never even heard of apple picking until I moved to the east coast. Turns out it's one of the best fall activities I've ever done! It was also a beautiful day. I love the fall.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I used to apple pick every fall growing up- my grandparents had a tiny orchard in Provo. Probably not the same as back East but still, us West Coasters do it too!!

That is sooo cool best friends married best friends. How awesome for you all. I need to come to Boston for a visit, my best friend Jhordan (Ridd) Cox also lives there, I could see you both!

Cassandra said...

YES! You know if you come, you're always welcome to stay with us- we're excellent tour guides. I'd never heard of apple picking in the west? What a fun tradition, I loved it.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! You look great. I miss you guys...