Thursday, September 14, 2006

Invasion of the black and white cat...

The most bazaar event took place this past Monday night. It all started around 9:30 at night when I had the sudden urge to do a load of laundry (after noticing that we had no clean undies in our drawers.) So I made my way downstairs to the guest bedroom where our washer and dryer sit in a little room/closet just big enough for them, a few boxes of storage and the Tide box.

Carrying the laundry basket and minding my own business I open the closet door and flip on the light. I scream. I scream at the top of my lungs and drop the laundry basket. I run up the stairs screaming and jump on a chair in the kitchen. (I had to add the jumping on a chair part because it makes no sense at all) What did I see? A black and white cat making himself at home on the top of our dryer. WHAT???

I could barely tell Jordan why I was screaming, I finally got it out that there was a CAT IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM!!? Jordan didn't believe me, and kept asking "Are you sure? Are you joking?"

I thought I recognized the cat to be the one that walks along the fence next door, so I shoot out the door in my pajamas and bang on the neighbors door (whom I have never formally met.) I ask them in a half laughing, half anxious voice, "are you missing or own a black and white cat?" It turns out that Coco had been missing since Friday.

So the cat was rescued by his owners, and the mystery lives on to how in the world the cat got in the house in the first place, let alone locked in the laundry room!? We're also not quite sure how long he was hiding in our apartment. We're glad that our weekend guests "who slept in the guest bedroom" didn't discover the cat in the middle of the night walking across them or something.

I really hate cats. I'm sorry to all those cat lovers out there. I vacuumed the whole house from top to bottom looking for cat poop for two days. Luckily no cat poop. What a crazy thing to find in your laundry room...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud! That's so odd. Glad it didn't happen to me, although it is better than a mouse...like we had in Boston. (I'm not a fan of cats either!!)

Liz said...

That is a great story-one that I wish I had witnessed myself! haha...hey, I'll call you soon. I miss you and am glad you called. Talk to you sooon

Lindsey said...

I'm not a fan of cats either, Cass. Hilarious story!

Heidi said...

I hate cats too. That really is lucky the your guests didn't disover the cat! weird weird

Steve and Cami said...

Don't stop blogging Allreds. I love it. Especially when we don't live in the same city anymore. We think you are fun even without any babies.