


Kudos to James Taylor...
I think I'll go back to "Carolina in my mind" a few times in the months to come... it was as nice as good ol' James sings it.
We stayed a week in a beach house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with some great friends from the Wharton LDSSA group. We had fun. We were lazy. We played games and ate good food. Bex dipped his toes in the ocean for the very first time. I ran on the beachevery morning. We took long walks with the little man and we laid in the sun... as much as the weather let us. It was all very much needed.

My first Mothers Day.

We solved the worlds problems
walking along the beach every day... =)




He loved the beach, the sand, the water and all the people.

"Some" of the boys.
The whole group had way to much fun together.

Gary and Claire were always up for an adventure.
Lookin' good guys!

A really cool lighthouse. I forget what it's called... help me out Kate?! All I know is that we drove a really long way to get to it on a really nice, sunny day.... in the car. =( The view at the top made it ALL WORTH IT!! It sure was windy!

My homies.. Claire and Kate.

It's really fun that we all have little boys... "see below". Walter- aka- "Wattie" is the oldest dude who just turned one and of course Henry and Beckham are not fare behind at 8 and 9 months. You would actually think Beckham is the oldest, since he's nearly as BIG AS WATTIE!!! What a tank! ;)

Since I've become a mother, road-trips have taken on a whole new meaning. It no longer means reading magazines, taking naps and singing along to your favorite tunes. No, it means sitting in the back-seat cramped up next to a car seat. It means singing the alphabet (among every other song I know) and thinking of new ways to entertain with the various objects I find under the seat. An old lid from a bottle?! Perfect!! Stopping for lunch is not as simple these days either- it involves balancing the bumbo chair on whatever we can find, mixing formula and rice cereal, dirty bibs, and lots and lots of messes! I wouldn't change it for the world! =)

Lunch in the parking lot of a random diner off route 16.
Doesn't get better than this...


We've been a little sick around here... both the boys. The bigger boy has had it much worse. Go figure- his last week of NO school and NO work has been spent in bed. So sad. We're all feeling better today. I think it's time to pack for NYC. We're moving there in TWO DAYS. TWO DAYS!! Jordan will starts his ten week internship on Monday.
9 comments:
Cassi, I love your mother's day photos of you two on the beach....how perfect! Looks like a great trip! What a cute family you guys are!!
Wow- what a neat trip! The top photo is my favorite... I just want to be under that umbrella:) I've heard a lot about this place, maybe we'll have to check it out someday! Okay, and 2 days? You move in 2 days?!! Will you please call back so I can get filled in?
I am SO sad that we are not in NYC at the same time!!! John gets there on the 12th of july and I don't come with the little guy until the 22nd of august!! SAD!! Maybe next year there will be a move??? :) I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
I really love your photography in the top photos! Seeing you in action girl! You're so talented, sheesh.
Cape Hatterus Lighthouse. Freaking 4 hours away.
Why do I look preggi in each picture?? And why does my hair look like mudusa the greek freak?
Are you gone?:(
LOVE all the new picts!! We CAN'T wait to see you and Bex. We're sad that Jo can't make it. :(
BUT, on a brighter note, 8 DAYS away!!!!
Looks like fun for the whole Allred crew. Hey, tell Steve Curtis hi from me. I grew up with that crazy kid and went to Powell with the whole Curtis fam every summer of my kid-life. Funny that you're all pals out there!
Wow - Have so much fun during your summer in NYC! Looks for my cute cousin Erin King and her two little boys. They live on the UWS...
What a fun trip and I love those pictures! I didn't know Carolina had such pretty beaches. You are the cutest little family1
i haven't been able to check friends' blogs in a while (traveling), but wow!! look how big bex is!!! and you went to nc : ) my home state : ) well, one of them... graduated from high school there. and i love the outer banks. mmm. memories. and gary and claire??!!! oh i'd love to see you guys. so you'll be in ny?? my sister and her boyfriend just moved there too. i'd love to see you guys. did i hear that the johnsons are moving there too for the summer?? craziness. email me--audreyelizan@mac.com!!!
Post a Comment