Thursday, September 25, 2008

we have a cool hospital.

Pennsylvania Hospital is one of the oldest in the country! The part you see above is so charming. We went to our labor and delivery class this past weekend and had quite the experience. I was both overwhelmed and totally grossed out. Wow. But in the end we were very glad we went and both feel confident that we know what to expect. I forgot to take a picture of Jordan practicing his breathing techniques... whoops. He had to do everything with me but we couldn't stop laughing long enough to be serious. I hope I remember what to do when it really counts! During the duration of the day (this was an eight hour class) our instructor had us all refer to our partners as "coach" because she said that this was his role in the delivery room... that part was odd by the way. So all week Jordan has jokingly insisted that I call him "coach" until the baby comes... Oh boy.

8 comments:

Steve and Cami said...

are you kidding me? what does your room look like?

Chelsea said...

that is a hospital? it looks like the govenors mansion or someplace from a movie! wow. you are lucky!

Cassandra said...

Oh... this is just the old part of the hospital where we had the labor and delivery class. My hospital room looks like any other hospital... that part is new and normal looking. But I wish it was cool!

Amy said...

Cassi,
Labor and delivery are my favorite part of pregnancy. You will be amazed at how much easier it will be because you are in shape. It's even more fun once that epidural is in... Compared to running a marathon, it's much easier (I mean really, you're lying down the entire time!)
Amy

Heidi said...

Oh I am laughing at the comment above mine. Labor and delivery were definitely not my favorite part! And my epidural didn't work so fun is not a word I would use to describe it. However, I do agree that it will be a much better experience for you because you are in such great shape. That really does help and I have vowed to be better at that next time around. Good luck my friend!

dave&abby johnson family said...

What a nice little place, and I love that sweater you bought! Holy cow that is cute! Wow, you are going to have a baby so soon! So excited for you!

Kate said...

YEA! You guys are here in Philly! Where did you end up getting a place? Are you liking it? We'd love to have you guys over sometime. I know your little one is on it's way, and I'm sure you are busy, but it would be a shame if we didn't get together. We are in Ardmore...if that even means anything. Anyways, drop me a line and we'll figure something out. Good luck with everything :)

Katie Dudley

Jennifer said...

Good luck Cass! I still think back to the week we spent in the hospital as such an exciting and special time. You only these first baby experiences once so be sure to soak it all in!