Sunday, December 09, 2007

Costa Rica.

Now I feel silly posting about Costa Rica because we've been home for two weeks, oh well. I will anyhow :) The story in a nutshell is that our good friends, the Heddens Family, invited us to tag along on their family trip to Costa Rica to help out with all the kids (seven in total). We were thrilled to go to Costa Rica! Even if we did have to babysit! For those of you who don't know the Heddens, "lots of you do" they're the family that I nannied for all through college up in Park City, Utah. They're like family to me now.  I love the kids like they were my own nieces and nephews.

Jo and I had a few hours a day to go on some adventures. Our most memorable/favorite adventures included crossing a 3 foot deep river in the rental car, seeing mommy turtles crawl up the ocean front to lay their eggs and holding baby turtles as they made their way to the ocean after hatching, Thanksgiving dinner in a beach hut on the ocean, surf camp and hangin out with the locals. Jordan especially loved speaking Spanish to all the people and I loved taking their pictures. All in all, it was a great experience. We would like to go back someday to do the rafting, hiking and rainforest tours.

This was the river that we had to cross in the rental!! Good thing it was a rental...
We flew in a small charter plane from San Jose to Nosara... I about died...


the little house over there is where we slept. the bigger one to the left is the maine house, the pool and view were great.
The Whole Gang... minus the allreds :)

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow!!! That looks so dreamy!! We should go together with our kiddos someday... we'll hire our own nanny!! hehe:) 1 more week until I can see you- yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassi said...

SLC in just SIX DAYS BABY!!!! WAHOOOOO

Elke said...

WOW Cassi I am so jealous!!! It looks as though y'all had a blast!!!! Hope you have a great Christmas in Salt Lake!!!!

Heidi said...

It looks so beautiful there- how fun you got to join along on that adventure!

Heidi said...

What a great trip!! Probably almost as much fun as Chicago! :)

The Green's said...

HOW FUN!!!! COSTA RICA LOOKS BEAUTIFUL FROM YOUR PICS! YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY IS BEAUTIFUL CASS! I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE FULFILLED YOUR DREAM OF BEING A PHOTOGRAPHER! YOU ARE PERFECT AT IT! HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE YOU GUYS WHILE YOU ARE IN TOWN HUH?!?!?!

Lindsey said...

so fun! i want to go. You are an amazing photographer!!!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

That looks so amazing Tom and I need a vacation!!