Tuesday, July 07, 2009

HELLO??? Is anyone in there???


Are the Allreds lost?

No.

We're still here. 

Just in NYC now instead of Philadelphia

Don't worry. 

We know you were worried. 

If you would like to worry about any of us, worry about me... I've been a little frazzled... 

Welcome to life in NYC. 

I heard through the grapevine that Manhattan Motherhood puts hair on your chest... I believe it now. I'm hoping it doesn't actually happen, but I'm feeling pretty manly trying to get around this place with a stroller,  diaper bag, bag of groceries, umbrella, diet coke in hand... and a nine month old.

The last two months have consisted of Packing up for the summer, moving to NYC, getting lost all of over NYC, flying to SLC for two and a half weeks, living out of a suitcase in all of these places, and trying to cook in a "barbie" sized kitchen. Oh yeah, and I've been hanging with my bubba- all day, everyday. He's NINE months old and practically moving out soon! ... Pics of our TINY "cozy" apartment will be shown soon.

So far, so good. We've had a great time exploring NYC and Jordan is a happy camper, working and enjoying his summer internship. Our time here is already HALF OVER. We can't believe how fast the summer has already gone.  A few pics of the goings on...
A usual day for Bex consists of swinging/playing in one of the many parks in the city...
As well as snoozing on the go... naps have never been so peaceful.
And eating on the go... mommy is always exhausted.
We like to play in Central Park. I'm in love. It's probably my favorite place in the whole city. I run in it daily and like to spend the late afternoon people watching and sitting on a blanket with Beckham.

Nothing surprises us here in the big apple...
We like to visit the public library...
We also like to walk daddy to work in the mornings. This pic was taken a few weekends ago when it wouldn't stop raining. Beckham likes to help with the umbrella. We think it's funny. 
HAPPY 4th!!! We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Beckham was initiated. 
We attempted to watch the fireworks ON the Brooklyn Bridge. We thought we would share the experience with Lady Liberty herself. Not the greatest idea. Their was a reason we were surrounded by foreigners... everyone else knew the fireworks would consist of smoke behind the skyline and tiny dots of explosions from MILES away. Oh well, we felt patriotic. 

Beckham is doing SO MANY new things and will be NINE MONTHS old in just two days. He's keeping us busy. 


5 comments:

Weed Family said...

THANK YOU for the update. I am glad you are enjoying the big city. I know you are a city girl at heart. I love you and miss you. I will email you the dates we will be in SLC so we can get together.

Lindy said...

What a fun adventure!!! Beckham is darling.

Enjoy the rest of your time in the Big Apple! ps- don't try to cook in that "barbie" sized kitchen anymore, NY has way too many good places to eat at!!! ;)

Katie M. said...

Beautiful pics. Man I wish we could be experiencing the whole internship together. Henry really misses his bud and mom really misses bex's mommy...

We'll see you hopefully soon. Headed off to SLC tomorrow.

t.t.turner said...

Glad you're surviving! I'm getting a little nervous/excited, and can't wait for the Barbie kitchen. Good to see you for like an hour! Maybe we'll overlap in NYC and I can meet Beckham. :)

Melanie said...

Your little guy is so adorable, I can't get over his beautiful eyes. AND why do you look so darn amazing after having a baby? I need to know your secret.